Friday, November 20, 2009

A Law School Carol

Just in time for the holidays, Esq. Never present its first feature film, A Law School Carol. Based upon Charles Dickens' classic tale of the miser, Ebenezer Scrooge, this revision of the classic story explores Steve, an arrogant and naive 1 L's struggle to understand the truth about law school.

Like in the original tale, the protagonist is haunted by three spirits and is warned about the course his life has taken. Will he repent and take a realistic look at law school, or will he stubbornly cling to the idea that law school is the path to prosperity? Click on this link to the Youtube playlist to find out. Be sure to watch all six parts.

(I know I threw in some humor and some parts are kind of lame, but I do really hope 0L's will watch it and take the commentary to heart. Please help me promote this video series. The link to the playlist is http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B7BA33DFE00A8098. You can alternatively link to this post. I don't really care about the credit, I just want to get the word out about law school. I hope this is an amusing approach to doing so.)

6 comments:

  1. You have a gift for script writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 4 is classic. Really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed the series to a few lawyer/prelaw friends and they also liked part 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - I'm glad you've been able to pass it around to people considering law school, Dev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have inspired me to make another xtra vid today and upload it to youtube. I am going to do as you have and choose a classic theme from some classic literature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part 4 had me laughing and crying. Nice work!

    Not too far off the mark. My only offer right out of law school was working for a small law office for $25K/year.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics